[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Stannis isn't dead

Stannis isn't dead

Anything goes, so beware of spoilers.

Re: Stannis isn't dead

Postby VonBoris » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:28 pm

BTW, If Stannis is dead that means Daenry's heir is dead and Tommens Heir (now that Myrcella is dead) would also be dead.

Stannis is the last remaining heir for Dany as all her direct relatives are dead. Going up her family tree, Stannis is the only undisputed relative (even Faegon cant be considered undisputed).

Tommen doesn't have children and going up his family tree (assuming him to be a Baratheon) Stannis would be the next Baratheon claimant for him as well.

Yes Yes R+L= J but thats not proven yet, nor does it mean that if we as book readers learn about Jon Snow's true parentage that the rest of Westeros would know.
VonBoris
Novice

House:

Postby mcmnky » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 am

mcmnky
Novice

House:

Postby Athelas » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:47 pm

I think the book to show review by History of Westeros brought up some excellent points about it being likely Stannis is indeed dead on the show. I rather wish it weren't so but its hard to fathom what purpose or storyline he would have that would fit with his being alive. I'll have to wait and see.

After rewatching Mother's Mercy and the scenes of Stannis, I was put in mind of Shakespeare's Richard III and "my kingdom for a horse". He, too, allegedly did unsavory things to have the throne only to end up deserted and losing the battle to Henry Tudor.

Certainly it was a tragic end for Stannis on the show. I suppose I'm prejudiced as I enjoy Stannis's character in the books and the show. Again, as Lady Gwyn, Aziz, and Yolkboy mentioned, it is reasonable that his arc in the books may well end tragically as well, although not as the show has portrayed it. A girl can hope otherwise and truly she will have to wait to see.
Valar Morghulis
Athelas
Novice

House:

Postby DarrenT » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:18 pm

My (crackpot) theory for why they left Stannis' death in the show ambiguous is for exactly this reason...for us to talk about it. My reason being, non book readers are probably assuming Jon is dead but Stannis is still alive because they cut early, when really the opposite is probably true. So most people will spend the offseason thinking and talking about Stannis' fake death and then everyone is surprised when it turns out Jon is actually still alive (or resurrected). At least thats what I think they were going for.
DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

Previous

Return to Season 5