[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Game Of Thrones Season 5 Episode 10 Review

Game Of Thrones Season 5 Episode 10 Review

Anything goes, so beware of spoilers.

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 5 Episode 10 Review

Postby Ahorsefacedgirl » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:28 am

Two things about Winterfell,
1. Quick, someone please get Sansa some moon tea and make it a double!
2. Crap, did you see all those dead bodies? Burn them now, just do it.
Ahorsefacedgirl
Novice

House:

Postby SerKnute » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:29 am

I may just not be aware of all the places HOW operates or if Aziz gave the URL during an episode that I somehow missed but just in case folks (like me) were looking for the Live Broadcast for 6/16, please use the following link:
https://plus.google.com/115747581265779452347/posts

I fully expect to be on and watching but I make no promises.
Edd, fetch me a block.
SerKnute
Acolyte

House:

Postby Athelas » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:03 am

I tend to agree with Ser Knute about the Kings Landing scenario. I do find it interesting and it's important. He raises a good point. It's just that Kings Landing has not really passed the point of the books, with the exception of Littlefinger's presence there and some of Lady Olenna's story. Also, with such a vast amount of material to cover, many elements with the characters there have been in stasis. There have been comments about what is to happen now that Cersei is back in the Red Keep, Ser Robert Strong, and the trials loom large. The show hasn't shown the degree of suffering the smallfolk are enduring except in bits and pieces either which would remind viewers of the boiling pot King's Landing is.

If I had to answer the question "do sparrows eat crows", I'd have to say no. It's the other way around. So far the Faith shows no inkling of what the advent of White Walkers means. Yet truly in the Game of Thrones everything eats everything else, or as Varys so aptly said, "the big fish eat the little fish."

I understand Linda and Elio's position and I respect everyone's choice to either stop watching or continue to watch the show. It's a decision each of us fans have to make. The Winds of Winter may be available before Season 6, or not. If I do choose to not watch it isn't because I don't enjoy the show, I'm simply guarding against spoilers for a series I've invested about 15 years into. However, I don't think I can withstand the lure of the show. Production is year round for the show so I can only surmise that much of Season 6 is already planned and written. I'm just going to focus on the positive, I'm lucky to be alive and have the freedom to choose between two highly entertaining mediums, albeit a difficult choice.
Valar Morghulis
Athelas
Novice

House:

Postby Tyrion Stark » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm a bit late getting through season 5. I just finished and also listened to various podcasts analyzing the episode. I wonder about the scene in Dorne on the dock. Doran nods to Ellaria just before she kisses Marsella. the camera almost immediately focuses on Ellaria's lips. my immediate reaction was that they were poisoned and Doran was telling Ellaria it was time. was I the only one who had that reaction?
Tyrion Stark
Novice

House:

Postby Athelas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:33 pm

That's a great catch, Tyrion Stark. I hadn't noticed it at first. If it was meant to suggest the poison was given with Doran's blessing, it would make for an intriguing facet in the Dornish plot I think. You're the first person I know of that caught that look and had that interpretation. Again, good catch. You could be on to something. While I don't think that Doran would sanction such an action in the books, the show could well diverge toward it. I'm no expert on the subject though.
Valar Morghulis
Athelas
Novice

House:

Previous

Return to Season 5