[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Can you name 300 houses by sigil?

Can you name 300 houses by sigil?

Discussion related to all games based on the series, examples include Crusader Kings II, the board game, the Facebook game, and the living card game.

Can you name 300 houses by sigil?

Postby Vaxis » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:13 pm

How many sigils in the World of Ice and Fire do you recognize, out of a staggering 300? Try this Sporcle quiz below:

Through long practice I can get just over 250, the rest are all mystery houses that probably never got mentioned in the books.

Note: I did not make this quiz, but I'd like to make a similar picture version.
The snowflakes are melting in your hair.
There are ghosts everywhere. We carry them with us wherever we go.
Vaxis
Hand of the King

House:

Re: Can you name 300 houses by sigil?

Postby Azizal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:21 pm

That was fun, though I did poorly: 59.

Shouldn't have skipped around, that was a big mistake. Caused me to miss some super easy ones like Tully, Reyne, Clegane, Bolton, Stonetree, Marbrand, Webber & Dondarrion.

The most obscure ones I got were: Qoherys, Chelsted, Toyne, Serry, Strong & Towers.
Azizal
Grand Maester

Postby Vaxis » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Don't give up! Try once daily, that's what I do at work, as a typing exercise (or so I tell my boss). The more I try, the more I remember. When done in unison with other ASOIAF quizzes on Sporcle (like a map of house seats, or a quiz that separates houses by kingdom), it starts to put itself together faster.

That said, a certain few extinct houses are missing from the quiz, such as Greyiron, Hoare, Gardener, Darklyn, Fisher and Teague.
Vaxis
Hand of the King

House:

Postby Azizal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:23 pm

119 this time, hopefully I can get to 200 in a week or two.
Azizal
Grand Maester

Postby DarrenT » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:57 am

I love Sprocle. It has a ton of good quizzes on pretty much any subject. Try this one:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Sforzando/ ... re-top-300

Top 300 characters in the series.
DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

Postby Vaxis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Vaxis
Hand of the King

House:

Postby DarrenT » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:00 pm

DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

Return to Games of Ice and Fire