[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Planned Episode Topics

Planned Episode Topics

Suggest future episode topics.

Re: Planned Episode Topics

Postby sinsonte » Thu May 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Quite a good time to watch an episode of the new revealings of The World of Ice and Fire! Azizal and Ash, your pending job just gathers up!!! I wonder how you can just sleep these days with so much things running on.
We're all part of this Song. Martin, nor your Song neiter you will ever die.
sinsonte
Novice

House:

Postby Jorje » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:18 am

Hodor?

HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!

Hodor.
Jorje
Novice

House:

Postby Phoenix » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Has anyone suggested Harrenhal yet? Cause you guys clearly have a lot of knowledge on the subject and I've love to hear an episode dedicated to it! Even a short bonus episode if you don't have enough for a full episode. Or you could do one that covers several famous castles, since I'm sure there's plenty to talk about Winterfell and Dragonstone and Storm's End and... heck, you'll never be short of topics, will you?
Fan: "Why do you keep killing off all the characters I love?!"
George: "Perhaps you love the wrong characters."
Phoenix
Acolyte

House:

Postby Vaxis » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:10 am

The snowflakes are melting in your hair.
There are ghosts everywhere. We carry them with us wherever we go.
Vaxis
Hand of the King

House:

Postby RazingKain » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:29 pm

First time poster, but long time listener.

I think an episode on the weapons of planetos would be interesting. Perhaps all the different valyrian weapons that the houses have. I know the starks had a greatsword, and then longclaw is a hand-n-half sword, and I know of valyrian arakh's but are there other types of valyrian reforged weapons. Have we had any duels with two combatants wielding valyrian steel? Then there is dragon bone bows, vs bows from the summer isles. Comparing and contrasting the relative strengths of each would be a nice and hopefully medium content podcast. If you wanted to go further talk about how magic is used as a sword without a hilt. The entrance to the three-eyed crow is extremely powerful against the others, why don't they use more of that magic to a broader area instead of teaching bran how to fly?
RazingKain
Novice

House:

Postby Ash » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:37 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your topic suggestions, and your other posts on the forum. I don't post as often as I'd like, but I do read all of the posts here on the forum!

I updated the OP with the suggestions in this thread; if your suggestion is not there, it either falls under a larger category (ie flora & fauna or religion & magic), or I missed it.

re: Harrenhal, our essay in the new Tower of the Hand book (out in September), A Hymn for Spring, is an essay on Harrenhal. This means that we will not be doing an episode on it, though we will discuss new information from The World of Ice and Fire that relates to it in an episode, of course.
Ash
Grand Maester

House:

Postby caravaggio2000 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 am

I hope you guys will be discussing some of the "grand northern conspiracy" in your upcoming War For the North episode. I'm not sure I buy into it, but there are interesting aspects. I'm especially interested to hear what you think is going on with the northern clans... and why are clan members at the Wall?

One episode suggestion I have is an episode on Aerys II. I'm not sure I've seen a real discussion of him anywhere, just bits and pieces as other characters/events are discussed. Sure, he is crazy as hell, but interesting. Surely Aerys had his own plots, did they all die with him? Was he truly as bad as the POVs suggest or was there another side to him?
caravaggio2000
Novice

House:

Postby Scurdreor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm

[quote="caravaggio2000"]I hope you guys will be discussing some of the "grand northern conspiracy" in your upcoming War For the North episode.

I'm going to second the GNC. It seems to be one of the more complicated and entertaining topics--plus the sheer number of ways things can go in that is relatively befuddling. I do like the idea that the honest and very straightforward Northerners are finally playing the game like the Southerners, and hopefully beating them at it.
"A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is." - Eddard Stark
“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.” - Stannis Baratheon
Scurdreor
Novice

House:

Postby Bastian » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:33 am

I think it would be fun to make a cast about all the known red herrings or the ones who are most likely. And to go all the way the ones whom are most unlikely :P
Bastian
Novice

House:

Postby KingsMountainJoe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:48 pm

I would love to hear an episode which links stories, characters, and themes in ASOIAF to the real world history that influenced GRRM while writing them. For example, how the Lannisters and Starks are based on the Lancasters and the Yorks in the War of the Roses, how the Dance of Dragons is based on the Anarchy, and how The Red Wedding was based on the Black Dinner. In more general terms, how Valyria is based on Rome, how the wall is based on Hadrians wall,. I know that GRRM has already spoken some about the ones Ive already mentioned, but I am also curious about other theories you guys might have about other influences that may have occured but havent been mentioned.

"Past a certain point, all the dates grow hazy and confused, and the clarity of history becomes the fog of legend"
- Hoster Blackwood, to Jaime Lannister
KingsMountainJoe
Novice

House:

PreviousNext

Return to Episode Suggestions