[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Suggestion: "Unseen posts" sidebar

Suggestion: "Unseen posts" sidebar

Post any forum issues here. Suggestions are also welcome!

Suggestion: "Unseen posts" sidebar

Postby Phoenix » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Hey guys I had a thought for the forum - you know how we can currently see how many replies a thread has, and how many views it has had? Would it be possible to get a third sidebar which shows how many "unseen posts" a topic has had, to show if there are replies we haven't yet viewed? I know that topics which have had recent replies go to the top of the board, but if we've been away for a little while then it can be hard to remember if we've caught up on the latest discussions on certain threads.

I think I'm right in saying we can subscribe to or bookmark topics too, is that correct? So I know that there is that option, but I feel like I would get overwhelmed with notifications if I subscribed to every discussion I'm keeping an eye on! A sidebar would be a quick and easy way to see which topics have been busy since I was last here.
Fan: "Why do you keep killing off all the characters I love?!"
George: "Perhaps you love the wrong characters."
Phoenix
Acolyte

House:

Re: Suggestion: "Unseen posts" sidebar

Postby Ash » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:29 pm

I will look into it, I haven't had much time to try to improve this forum, as I've been in school, and now I'm moving us over to Soundcloud, but I'll hopefully be able to figure that out.

There are some options on how to view threads in the Search dropdown menu, I think Unanswered should do what you wanted, though it's not visible on the front page.
Ash
Grand Maester

House:

Re: Suggestion: "Unseen posts" sidebar

Postby Phoenix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Cheers! :]
Fan: "Why do you keep killing off all the characters I love?!"
George: "Perhaps you love the wrong characters."
Phoenix
Acolyte

House:

Return to Forum Support