Games we play:
- The Game of Thrones board game by Fantasy Flight Games.
There are two editions of this board game, and multiple expansions.
The 1st edition‘s first expansion is A Clash of Kings, which adds House Martell as well as a host of gameplay elements that are included in the 2nd edition. The second expansion is A Storm of Swords, which has some key differences from the base game, most notably the lack of ships, the addition of ‘leader’ tokens, and a different win condition.
The 2nd edition has some map changes, different pieces (in our opinion inferior to the wooden units, but otherwise great), and most importantly, is far more widely available. Tides of Battle cards were introduced here as well. The 2nd edition has two expansions. The first, A Dance with Dragons, is simply a different scenario with 42 new house cards. The second, A Feast for Crows, is a four player scenario that adds House Arryn. A Feast for Crows has a different win condition, and introduces objective cards.
There are also two different 9 player variants and a 6 player A Storm of Swords inspired variant. We are going to write more about these (awesome) variants at some point.
- Crusader Kings 2: Game of Thrones mod
- Game of Thrones: Ascent (Facebook game)
- Game of Thrones RPG by Cyanide (we never did complete this one, not exactly our type of game)
- Game of Thrones: Winter is Coming
- Game of Thrones (Telltale Games)
Games we do not play:
- Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game
- Battles of Westeros
- Game of Thrones: Genesis