Introduce Yourself!

Meetups, conventions, recipes, current events, dragons.

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby SerBenjenColdwater » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello all! Long-time listener, first time poster and pledge!

Name: Ben

Favorite great house: Arryn
Favorite secondary house: Coldwater & Cerwyn

Favorite book in the series: Game of Thrones - so much happened and was obviously the eye-opener to the entire series for me!

Favorite POV: Asha & Tyrion

What are some of your other favorite authors and books? I'm a military history buff/nerd so read of a lot non-fiction/textbook type books. That said, Bernard Cornwell is a massive favourite (Sharpe, Uhtred & Starbuck series are favs) of mine. Dewey Lambdin also writes some outstanding naval historical fiction with his character Alan Lewrie.

How did you get into the series? I saw Sean Bean have his head chopped off when I was flicking through channels at work. I spent the rest of the day reading the ASOIAF wiki and was suckered in immediately.

Other hobbies: Reading and writing military history, a little gaming, a lot of sport (soccer & ice hockey predominantly).
SerBenjenColdwater
Novice

House: House Coldwater, Knights of the Vale

Postby GreatSeanUmber » Fri May 01, 2015 3:29 am

Name: Sean
Favorite great house: Starks followed by Martells
Favorite secondary house: Umbers of the Last Hearth followed by Manderlys of White Harbor
Favorite book in the series: A Feast For Crows, although I Binge Read the Series and there is no beating that experience
Favorite POV: Currently: Barristan followed by Arya/Previously: Tyrion & Catelyn
What are some of your other favorite authors and books? James Patterson: Alex Cross AND Mike Bennett Series, Michael Connelly: Lincoln Lawyer Series, EVERYTHING by Michael Crichton, Brad Meltzer, David Morell, John Grisham, Dan Brown, Jeff Shaara, Michael Shaara, Stephen Ambrose, David McCollough, Jeffrey Archer, Suzanne Collins: Hunger Games, Stephanie Meyer: Twilight (Embarassed by this Admission),
How did you get into the series? My Son Recommend ASOIAF Books & another Son recommended GOT series on HBO
Other hobbies: Golf, Civil War & WWII History, Travel

I enjoy your podcasts/YouTube Broadcasts. I consider Aziz the font of all ASOIAF Knowledge. Ash has been a wonderful addition. I like your willingness to have guests on.

Ash: I am sorry that we missed you on S5E3 Book To Show, but it is cool to see you have your priorities straight..Good Luck in School.
GreatSeanUmber
Novice

House: House Umber

Postby KatoftheCanals » Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Name: Kathryn
Favorite great house: Stark
Favorite secondary house: Hightower (really hoping there'll be more on them in TWOW)
Favorite book in the series: tied between ADWD and ASOS
Favorite POV: Jon. I also really love the Sansa and Davos chapters as well.
What are some of your other favorite authors and books? My favorite thing I've ever read is The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, but I don't know if that counts since its more of a short story than a book. Another short story I really love is Ward 6 by Anton Chekov. Novels: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, 'The Bell Jar', the 1st 2 novels in Mervyn Peaks's 'Gormenghast' series, and House of Leaves. Authors: Kafka, Orwell, Dostoevsky, Phillip K. Dick, Camus, Bradbury. (Wow, I sound pretentious with that list.)
How did you get into the series? Started reading after the 3rd season of GOT.
Other hobbies: drawing, writing (bad poetry mostly), reading, sociology and history. more recently: gothic architecture.
KatoftheCanals
Novice

House: House Stark

Postby Vedocorban » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:36 am

Big fan of the show! It's clear that both of you know your books, and blend that knowledge with humor and professionalism to create my favorite ASoiF podcast. I -believe- you guys are local (Aziz's Twitter says Roswell, GA and I think Sean works at a game store I sometimes visit), so if there's ever any type of meetup event where you play games and talk about Game of Thrones, I'd love to know =)

Name: Derek
Favorite great house: Greyjoy (changes from year to year)
Favorite secondary house: Royce, Dayne, Tarly
Favorite book in the series: SoS. DwD is amazing, but SoS is a classic.
Favorite POV: Melisandre. I screamed out loud when I came across her chapter in DwD.
What are some of your other favorite authors and books? Daniel Abraham, Scott Lynch, Joe Abercrombie and Steven Erikson have done the job for me in recent years when I need a fantasy novel fix.
How did you get into the series? Autumn 2001 when friends kept insisting.
Other hobbies: Poker, working out, conventions, tabletop games, Braves baseball, online PC games, movies, miscellaneous activities that seem interesting
Vedocorban
Novice

House: House Greyjoy

Postby beata » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Name: Beata
Favorite great house: Stark
Favorite secondary house: Dayne
Favorite book in the series: either A Clash of Kings or A Storm of Swords
Favorite POV: Arya, Jon, Tyrion (excluding ADWD), Sansa, Asha and Bran
Other books/authors: everything by J.R.R. Tolkien and Carlos Ruiz Zafon (he also makes his fans wait for new books, but like with GRRM it's worth it), J.K. Rowling, C.S. Lewis and Tunnels series by Gordon&Williams.

How did you get into the series? I loved the 3rd season's trailer, so I started watching. I tried to stay away from the books, because I hate adaptations/screen versions and didn't want to ruin the show for myself, but bought all 5 a year later *and ruined the show for myself like I feared*

Hobbies: reading, listening to music, watching movies, doing and watching sports, discussing ASoIaF and going out with friends
beata
Novice

House: House Dayne

Postby ronaldlee » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 am

Ronald Lee
age 32 from Nepal
i'm product manager
ronaldlee
Novice

House: Ashwood

Previous