Arya marries Gendry

Post any theories you might have, or share one you might have discovered elsewhere.

Arya marries Gendry

Postby jessica+herrera » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm

I think it could be a nice rewriting of the past if Arya and Gendry were to marry. Considering that Robert and Lyana were betrothed and she wasn't so happy about it, and Arya is described as having many of Lyana's traits, and Gendry is Robert's son but his personality is completely different. Just a nice way to rewrite something that was supposed to happen in the previous generation get fulfilled in the next.

As an aside to this, if they ever do a harenhal flashback, I'd love to see Gendry's actor playing Robert. The personality shift would be trippy and really highlight how different they are( Ned thinks they look alike). Imagine seeing who you think is Gendry telling baudy jokes, flirting with all the women he can and challenging every man he can to single combat.
jessica+herrera
Novice

House: House stark

Re: Arya marries Gendry

Postby SerKnute » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 pm

jessica+herrera wrote:I think it could be a nice rewriting of the past if Arya and Gendry were to marry. Considering that Robert and Lyana were betrothed and she wasn't so happy about it, and Arya is described as having many of Lyana's traits, and Gendry is Robert's son but his personality is completely different. Just a nice way to rewrite something that was supposed to happen in the previous generation get fulfilled in the next.

As an aside to this, if they ever do a harenhal flashback, I'd love to see Gendry's actor playing Robert. The personality shift would be trippy and really highlight how different they are( Ned thinks they look alike). Imagine seeing who you think is Gendry telling baudy jokes, flirting with all the women he can and challenging every man he can to single combat.

Still possible for sure. Recall too that Robert had wanted Ned to join their houses and of course Sansa stood in for Lyanna and Joff for Robert. That pairing was poor and of course that Joff wasn't even a Baratheon, but it would represent the second attempt at the Stark/Baratheon union. I'm not sure if the book plot will follow but it may.
Edd, fetch me a block.
SerKnute
Acolyte

House: House Targaryen

Return to Theories