[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - UflGator1's ASOIAF Not A Portfolio

UflGator1's ASOIAF Not A Portfolio

Threads about ASOIAF art, memes, gifs, funny videos, other cool YouTube channels, as long as it is based on the books or show, it goes here!

UflGator1's ASOIAF Not A Portfolio

Postby uflGator1 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:37 am

I'm a painter by profession, but I don't really have anything worthy of being called a fantasy art portfolio. That being said, I've been so engrossed in the world of ASOIAF over the last couple of years that occasionally I paint or make something that could probably be at least be called fanart. Most of these images are copies from the tv show or from the WOIAF, and the ones that are somewhat original are more like concept sketches for possible future work.

Oil Paintings:

This is a copy of Chase Stone's painting in the WOIAF book. I did this a couple days after the worldbook came out. It's the only copy of a contemporary artist's work that I've ever done. I liked the composition so much that I knew I had to have a version of it hanging on my wall. I know I'm not the only artist who loved this image either. There is an image in the 2016 calendar by Megali Villanueve that has a composition that is based on this image too.

This is a concept image of one of the guardians of the boneway passage. Conceptually speaking, this design is lazier than I intended it to be. I wanted a mashup of a fantasy aesthetic with that of the Scytho-Sarmatian cultures, but I got frustrated halfway through and rushed through it. That being said, this is just a starting point, and if I ever wanted to do a fully realized image of one of these characters I could come up with something better.

In addition to painting, I also do work in other mediums. I can do woodwork, leather work, and some blacksmithing (I'm still learning blacksmithing at the moment). In the future I will have some stuff in bronze too, but that will have to wait until I can build a foundry.
The sword here was made by Windlass Steelcrafts, and it's what got me into metalworking. The blade is an Oakeshotte type XII design, putting it slightly before the time period that Westeros corresponds to (roughly speaking), but it is probably the most common sword type of the middle ages. I redid the grip and made a wooden scabbard covered in leather to go with it. Also, the desk on which the sword is sitting is a paint cabinet that I built, which has my own mockup of Bloodraven's sigil on top.
This is a tooled leather bag with a Tyrell/Tudor Rose design.
uflGator1
Novice

House:

Re: UflGator1's ASOIAF Not A Portfolio

Postby ArristanTheOld » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

My videos - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxrbU ... ENpVGbAjOw
ArristanTheOld
Novice

House:

Re: UflGator1's ASOIAF Not A Portfolio

Postby uflGator1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks!

I got a little impatient with the idea of waiting until I build my own foundry, so I've been experimenting with cold-casting lately, which is where you can use powdered metals in polyurethane cast sculptures to make realistic looking metal sculptures. It's no substitution for the real thing, but it allows me to practice sculpture and mold-making, which should be transferable to real casting when I'm ready to have a go at it.
uflGator1
Novice

House:

Return to Images and Videos of Ice and Fire