[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Comic book movies

Comic book movies

There's other television besides Game of Thrones, right?

Comic book movies

Postby Webswinger » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm not sure how many comic book movie fans are here, but you are the next two years are going to be great. This year started off with a bang, Captain America is of my favorite comic book movies ever. Next month has Spider-man and X-men, then ends with Guardians of the Galaxy. I wasn't to sure about guardians, but that first trailer looks great. I'm still not soled on X-men, but I can hope.
If you haven't seen Cap and like action movies that are well written give it a shot. I think it works even if you doubt like superhero movies.
Webswinger
Novice

House:

Re: Comic book movies

Postby LarsPenry » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 am

Captain America was amazing. I didn't love it quite as much as some, it's my second favourite MCU film thus far after Iron Man. The fight choreography was pretty amazing, strong plot, strong acting and an all around great film.
The Stephen Strange name drop was really cool too.
LarsPenry
Kingsguard

House:

Postby Webswinger » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 am

your from the UK right? the last few movies have been released over there first. I usually cant wait to see a big blockbuster so I see it day 1. Next one for me is Amazing Spiderman 2 in 3D. I wasn't to excited about it until I saw the trailer in 3D it looked great.

In Cap 2 I thought that The Winter Soldier was the most menacing villains yet. Loki is still my favorite but when this guy was on the screen I thought someone can die.
Webswinger
Novice

House:

Postby LarsPenry » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:14 am

LarsPenry
Kingsguard

House:

Postby Webswinger » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 am

I thought it looked funny too, but I'm ok with it.

Yeah GotG looks great. A lot better than the stinger in Thor 2. If for nothing else because GotG introduced me to Karen Gilliam. Being a Brit you probably already knew about her from Dr Who. I think she would make a great Mary Jane Watson. I think I may have stereotyped you. If I did I'm sorry you know us silly brutish Americans. Lol
Webswinger
Novice

House:

Postby LarsPenry » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:04 am

LarsPenry
Kingsguard

House:

Postby Webswinger » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:05 pm

I take that as a Downtown Abby reference.
I've never seen it but I assume everyone in the UK watches it every week between matches of Man U and singing God Save the Queen.
Webswinger
Novice

House:

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Days of Future Past will probably take the flaws of First Class and magnify them (too much going on! First Class could have been two movies). I am hopeful nonetheless though.

I loved The Amazing Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield is a much better Peter Parker IMO, and I was so happy that they chose to include Gwen Stacy. TASM2 looks to be stunning visually, can't wait to see it in 3D. The reviews aren't great for it, but Spider-Man is my superhero of choice, so I think I'll enjoy it no matter what. I'm quite excited for the Sinister Six movie and other movies Sony has said this is laying the groundwork for.

Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be great, I love Chris Pratt in particular, plus Karen Gillan as a villain is going to be badass. I love comedies, so this is right up my alley.
Ash
Grand Maester

House:

Postby LarsPenry » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:44 pm

LarsPenry
Kingsguard

House:

Postby Webswinger » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Webswinger
Novice