[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Visions and Prophecies

Visions and Prophecies

Suggest future episode topics.

Visions and Prophecies

Postby LawHawk » Thu May 01, 2014 7:24 am

I'm incredibly excited about your future episode on Visions and Prophecies. I've read the House of the Undying and Ghost of High Heart chapters many more times than I've read the rest of the books because they're so dense and awesome. But you have called my attention to several other prophecies. Just last week I re-read the Bran coma chapter and I didn't stop to contemplate the "frozen wasteland... jagged blue-white spires of ice... bones of a thousand other dreamers impaled upon their points" which you pointed out after the last scene of GOT S04E04, and it gave me chills to go back and re-read it.

In other words, I can't wait to hear your take on things I've been thinking about for years, and I can't wait to hear you point out the significance of other things I haven't thought about at all!
LawHawk
Novice

House:

Re: Visions and Prophecies

Postby LadyNym » Sun May 04, 2014 11:11 am

I absolutely agree! I can't wait to hear more about Quaithe's warning, the three heads of the dragon, Azor Ahai, Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy about the three betrayals and many more.. It would be great to hear Aziz and Ashaya's opinion on them as they usually research topics quite thoroughly. Also, my books are back home and I won't have the opportunity to re-read them until July - hopefully you guys will quench my thirst for details :)
LadyNym
Novice

House:

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:11 am

As an extension of this, I would love to hear an episode on dreams, as many seem to be pseudo-prophecies in themselves! Jon's dreams in GOT, where we is wandering an empty Winterfell and ends up in the crypts, has these massive exclamation marks over it (for me, at least). Dany also has many dragon dreams in GOT. I'm re-reading GOT so those are fresh in my mind but I'm sure there are more later on... The dreams induced by the weirwood stumps at High Heart is another that comes to mind
Fan: "Why do you keep killing off all the characters I love?!"
George: "Perhaps you love the wrong characters."
Phoenix
Acolyte

House:

Postby TheRogueKing131 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:16 pm

I'd very much be very excited to really get any kind of speculation or possible theories concerning The Ghost of High Heart's telling of the future concerning Sansa, especially when she tells it like this, "I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.". I'm very keen to have them discuss this, but know it won't be an hour long discussion concerning only Sansa's path; a whole episode concerning visions and prophecies is something I think we'd all want.
TheRogueKing131
Novice

House:

Postby TheSecretDarklyn » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:06 pm

TheSecretDarklyn
Novice

House:

Return to Episode Suggestions