[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - House Dayne

House Dayne

Suggest future episode topics.

House Dayne

Postby kicky » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Could you do an episode on House Dayne? I think they may be a very important House in the upcoming books, and to the story as a whole. I'm not sure exactly how they are related to Azor Ahai/The Prince That Was Promised and the sword Light-bringer, but there are definitely some major parallels between the prophecy and House Dayne. Their House Sigil is literally a sword and a star, possibly a nod to Light-bringer and the red comet or bleeding star. They are an ancient house with an ancestral weapon Dawn whose wielder is given the title sword of the morning. Dawn being just another word for lightbringer, and the sword of the morning being the one who ended the long night. No other house has a specific title for the person who wields their ancestral swords, why would the Daynes have one? Their family traits seem to point towards some valyrian blood ties, as evidenced by Ashara Daynes Purple eyes, as well as Darkstars silver hair and purple eyes. Furthermore, Darkstar remains a mysterious character with some significant role to play in the upcoming books, and many believe that Ashara Dayne is still alive, and was Aegon VI Septa. Their House Seat is also called Starfall. Whatever happens in the upcoming books, it seems like House Dayne is literally full of imagery pointing towards AA/tPtwP and we would all profit from a strong background in House Dayne.
kicky
Novice

House:

Re: House Dayne

Postby Azizal » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:45 am

Simply put, yes. Ashaya and I both love House Dayne. We were hoping for more in the TWOIAF, there wasn't a lot. But there were some new things, and if we pull together all the details there is plenty to talk about.
Azizal
Grand Maester

Postby Azizal » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:34 pm

We've started gathering notes for this episode, though it is still a ways away given other episodes' priority.

But if you all have thoughts and ideas for what you want to see included, post them in this thread!
Azizal
Grand Maester

Postby DarrenT » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Can't wait for this episode. I'm sure you guys will do your due diligence as always and cover all the important points. One thing that stood out to me a bit in the WOIAF was the mention of "King Vorian Dayne, called the Sword of the Evening and the last king of House Dayne". If there is any info out there on the Sword of the Evening title I'd be very interested to hear about it. Did this title exist in the same way as Sword of the Morning does after Dawn was created?
DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

Return to Episode Suggestions