[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - Episode Discussion (ASOIAF spoilers)

Episode Discussion (ASOIAF spoilers)

No spoilers for the season except for in the Spoiler discussion thread.

Re: Episode Discussion (ASOIAF spoilers)

Postby jom » Sun May 25, 2014 12:06 pm

jom
Novice

Postby Heartsbane » Sun May 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Not to go all Comic Book Guy, but if they suddenly bust out with a flashback after four seasons of awkward expositions that will be totally jumping the shark. I sat through a Petyr Baelish fisting monologue, I swear to God they had BETTER not start using their brains now.
Heartsbane
Novice

House:

Postby DarrenT » Mon May 26, 2014 12:22 pm

DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

Postby Heartsbane » Tue May 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Heartsbane
Novice

House:

Postby GeekFurious » Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Sometimes you write a story that goes where, as a member of the audience, you wouldn't want it to go. Because anything else would be dishonest.
GeekFurious
Novice

House:

Postby Heartsbane » Tue May 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Heartsbane
Novice

House:

Postby Vaxis » Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 pm

The snowflakes are melting in your hair.
There are ghosts everywhere. We carry them with us wherever we go.
Vaxis
Hand of the King

House:

Postby Heartsbane » Tue May 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Heartsbane
Novice

House:

Postby GeekFurious » Tue May 27, 2014 9:45 pm

While I am definitely worried about many of the omissions, I also think D&D CAN deliver on the main plot points from the books. They'll just have to sail that boat through uncharted waters to get to the same place as GRRM.

I think they could have stuck closer to the books and delivered the same level of satisfaction for TV viewers. At this point, some of their decisions, especially in season 4, seem very puzzling.
Sometimes you write a story that goes where, as a member of the audience, you wouldn't want it to go. Because anything else would be dishonest.
GeekFurious
Novice

House:

Postby DarrenT » Wed May 28, 2014 3:43 pm

I totally agree that losing Tywin, Oberyn, Sandor and Bronn (at least for the time being with the latter two) is going to have a negative effect on the show. Especially on the heals of losing Robb and Catelyn (AND JOFFREY!) Tywin and Sandor are two of the best anti-heroes/villains in the show and Oberyn and Bronn are definitely charismatic fan favourites. I know I was disappointed to lose Oberyn so quickly in the books.

I think the show will be hard pressed to get fans invested in the Greyjoy storyline at this point, having not introduced some of the major players in that storyline yet. When I read Crows and Dragons I enjoyed the history and subplot aspect of the Greyjoys plotline but to be honest I'm not too concerned with any of their fates, other than Asha. I assume their doom is inevitable so I'm not worried about them dying, only how they effect the overall plot (ie. dragons) before their end.

I think the new fan favourite characters will come from Dorne though. I loved finally seeing Dorne in the later books and I think Arianne, Doran, Quentyn, Areo and the Sand Snakes will all become favourites.

Plus the show will benefit from combining books 4 and 5 so we don't go a full season without seeing Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon etc.
DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

PreviousNext

Return to Season 4