S4E5 First of his Name (spoilers)

No spoilers for the season except for in the Spoiler discussion thread.

S4E5 First of his Name (spoilers)

Postby DarrenT » Tue May 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Just wondering if anybody has any theories/opinions on Jojen's speech and his hand being on fire? Aziz and Ashaya started to talk about it in the episode but it seemed like you guys had more to say about it. Is it just an allusion to the fact that Jojen knows he's going to die soon (which would mean he would be burned)? I kind of agreed with Sean at this point, I felt a disconnect a bit from this plotline.
DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House: House Targaryen

Re: S4E5 First of his Name (spoilers)

Postby sweetyft » Sun May 11, 2014 7:47 pm

I couldn't find anything in the books that seemed relevant to Jojen's flaming hand but then I just stumbled on this quote about Melisandre while reading the Mereenese blot:

The mist rose from her pale flesh, and for a moment it seemed as if pale, sorcerous flames were playing about her fingers. “Take my hand,” she said again, “and let me save your sister.” (JON VI)

In this scene Jojen doesn't seem "worried" about a foreboding future. As response to Meera's "How will we know the end?", he looks at his flaming hand and says "You'll know" (I'm paraphrasing)

I might just be making this up and I have no idea yet how the two could be connected.

EDIT: spelling
sweetyft
Novice

House: House

Return to Season 4