Episode 2 "The Lion and the Rose"

No spoilers for the season except for in the Spoiler discussion thread.

Episode 2 "The Lion and the Rose"

Postby Webswinger » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:43 pm

What can I say, but wow. We all new it was coming, but I had my doubts that it was going to happen epd. 2. They did the whole set up in the first two episodes. This had a lot of meat on it, from the hunt, Ramey getting on Rooses' bad side then back in good graces, people burning on the stake, to Bran having a tree vision, Jamie sparing with Braun, then verbal sparing with Ser Loras, more verbal sparing between Tywin and the Red Viper, then the whole wedding festivities. There is a lot to talk about for both the people how have read the books and the show watchers. I would like to hear the theories of how/who killed Joff from the people who haven't read the books. From the people who have read do you think they changed anything? What dose the things they changed in this episode mean for the series?
Webswinger
Novice

House: House stark

Re: Episode 2 "The Lion and the Rose"

Postby Webswinger » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm

I might have missed it but did they say who got the entertainment for the wedding? Even though Stannis is is turning more and more from his values he still wont let anyone discipline his baby girl. Today wasn't a good day to be a Lanister.

Spoiler: show
I need to watch the first eps again to see if the necklace that Sansa is wearing it the same one that Ser Dontos gave her, Im sure it is. I also want to see if it is the same one the Queen of Thorns threw away. Is Braun's story going to change now that he is training Jamie instead of Ser Illan Payne? Is Shae going to live, or do you think she is going to show up in Tywins bedroom still?
Webswinger
Novice

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 pm

I think we addressed all of your thoughts in the episode discussion we just released, check it out here...or iTunes, of course.
Ash
Grand Maester

House: House Hightower

Postby Webswinger » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I got a two hr drive in the tomorrow so I'll listen then. You guys are my favorite Got podcast keep up the great work.
Webswinger
Novice

Postby Steppricon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:29 am

Any thoughts on what the Mel and Shereen arc is heading to? It felt somewhat forced to me
A hall to die in, and men to bury me. I thank you, my lords...but I spit on your pity...I am a knight...I shall die a knight
Steppricon
Novice

House: House Dayne

Postby Webswinger » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:20 am

Steppricon wrote:Any thoughts on what the Mel and Shereen arc is heading to? It felt somewhat forced to me

I think it could be some foreshadowing, of a hard choice Stanis may have to make. He was willing to kill a blood relative that he didn't know, and he did kill a brother-in-law because he wouldn't convert. His wife was complaining about the girl and wanted to take a rod to her. She was questioning Melisandre and when the girl kept up with the questions Mel told her she asked a lot of questions and guided the conversation to belittle The Seven.
Webswinger
Novice

Return to Season 4