[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - S04E07 (spoilers)

S04E07 (spoilers)

No spoilers for the season except for in the Spoiler discussion thread.

Re: S04E07 (spoilers)

Postby SerKnute » Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Edd, fetch me a block.
SerKnute
Acolyte

House:

Postby Phoenix » Wed May 21, 2014 1:42 am

Very true! She knew him but she couldn't kill him until she had his name, which is the reverse of how the Faceless Men operate. Awesome catch.

I had a thought regarding the title "Mockingbird". Mockingbirds mimic the songs of other birds. If I'm correct (and please correct me if I'm wrong), mockingbirds have no songs of their own, they only mimic others'. This is quite significant if you look at Sansa: She tells people what she thinks they want to hear, rather than her own "song". She's been referred to as "little dove" and "little bird" many times, and many speculate that she could be Littlefinger's downfall (she grows in skill at these games of thrones, while he is likely to underestimate her). She could in fact take over Petyr as Westeros' resident mockingbird.
Fan: "Why do you keep killing off all the characters I love?!"
George: "Perhaps you love the wrong characters."
Phoenix
Acolyte

House:

Postby Heartsbane » Wed May 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Heartsbane
Novice

House:

Postby SerKnute » Thu May 22, 2014 5:24 am

Right on Heartsbane, I can get on board with that train of thought. I sometimes forget that having read so much since first seeing the series on T.V. that unsullied viewers won't have this information for their own benefit, so that would actually fulfill that. I began reading the books during season one so I was actually an unsullied at one point, but I'm glad I did read the books because you lose so much of the details of the story just watching the show, so this scene does actually help fill in those blanks, which I would agree is a good thing.
Edd, fetch me a block.
SerKnute
Acolyte

House:

Postby Steppricon » Thu May 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Maybe it slipped by me, but has there been any talk of the hangings done by the brotherhood?
A hall to die in, and men to bury me. I thank you, my lords...but I spit on your pity...I am a knight...I shall die a knight
Steppricon
Novice

House:

Postby Sacredmath » Thu May 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Just a quick question:

Just finished listening to the review episode and your discussion of Hot Pie's revelation of Arya being alive, and you thought it might not have much effect, also getting rid of the fake Arya wedding plot wouldn't either. I'm just curious, then, what would be the task Ramsay has for Theon, to impersonate himself? Wasn't that just to authenticate the marriage as a witness at the ceremony? Why else would Ramsay need Reek to be Theon? Maybe I've forgotten...
Sacredmath
Novice

House:

Postby DarrenT » Thu May 22, 2014 1:44 pm

DarrenT
Knight of the Forums

House:

Postby Vaxis » Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 pm

The snowflakes are melting in your hair.
There are ghosts everywhere. We carry them with us wherever we go.
Vaxis
Hand of the King

House:

Postby Steppricon » Thu May 22, 2014 7:13 pm

A hall to die in, and men to bury me. I thank you, my lords...but I spit on your pity...I am a knight...I shall die a knight
Steppricon
Novice

House:

Postby Heartsbane » Thu May 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Heartsbane
Novice

House:

PreviousNext

Return to Season 4