[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
History of Westeros • View topic - How to Obtain The Tales of Dunk & Egg

How to Obtain The Tales of Dunk & Egg

Discussion about the novellas and graphic novels.

How to Obtain The Tales of Dunk & Egg

Postby Ash » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:52 pm

The Hedge Knight - or
The Sworn Sword -
The Mystery Knight -

Graphic Novels:

The Mystery Knight graphic novel has yet to be released.
Ash
Grand Maester

House:

Re: How to Obtain The Tales of Dunk & Egg

Postby FredIV » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Are the comics direct interpretations of those books?
FredIV
Novice

House:

Postby Steppricon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

A hall to die in, and men to bury me. I thank you, my lords...but I spit on your pity...I am a knight...I shall die a knight
Steppricon
Novice

House:

Postby Azizal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:57 pm

The comics are well worth owning. George gave the artists a lot of direction, so seeing the tournament is *awesome*.

The heraldry, sigils, armor/weapons are really nice to see in full color. Targaryens and Kingsguard in armor, and others. Good stuff.
Azizal
Grand Maester

Postby bstnsx704 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:26 am

I prefer to read stories in their original format first, so I plan on reading the actual novellas before giving the graphic novels a try. I have Legends requested at the library, so hopefully that arrives soon.

I really wish that the A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms anthology containing all three Dunk & Egg tales was coming out sooner, but I'm pretty sure it's not getting a release in America until August of 2015. At least I'll have The Rogue Prince and The World of Ice and Fire to keep me occupied in the meantime.

Just wondering, do you guys have any plans to talk about the Tales of Dunk & Egg in your podcast?
bstnsx704
Novice

House:

Postby bstnsx704 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Speak of the devil, Martin actually just posted an update about this on his blog:

Also, I apologize for the double post. The forum seems to remove the edit feature a little while after making a post.
bstnsx704
Novice

House:

Postby Azizal » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

We use them as source material and refer to them frequently but we haven't dealt with them directly as full works. We will be doing an episode on tournaments at some point this year, so there will be a lot of Dunk and Egg in that one. Also the Trial of Seven, like in the Hedge Knight, will be covered when we get around to covering the worship of the Seven.
Azizal
Grand Maester

Postby bstnsx704 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:44 am

Sounds great, thank you for the response. Can't wait to have them read myself so I can better follow along with you guys.
bstnsx704
Novice

House:

Postby ArristanTheOld » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 pm

I believe there is an illustrated collection of Dunk & Egg tales #1-#3 in the works as well. I had hoped the long-awaited 4th installment sometimes referred to as The She-Wolves of Winterfell, which was originally promised for the Dangerous Women anthology, would be included if/when the (first) D&E collection arrived, but I gather that will not be the case.

Sorry no links to document this; I swear I saw something about this a while back on GRRM's livejournal, but I just spent a good while searching and couldn't find it again. So, while I'm definitely not lying, unfortunately I can't prove just now that I'm mistaken.
Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

My videos - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxrbU ... ENpVGbAjOw
ArristanTheOld
Novice

House:

Postby ArristanTheOld » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:16 am

Also note, Legends and Legends II also exist out there in single book format for both hard copies and e-books. Be careful not to accidentally order volume 2 of the 2-book version of the first Legends if you are really trying to order the single book version of Legends II. Or vice-versa. Or something.

Warriors was originally a single hardcover volume as well, though there is no Warriors II to confuse with book 2 of the (only) Warriors anthology, so that is less of a problem. Unless you only know about the single book version and order the wrong half or the 2-book edition by accident...
Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

My videos - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxrbU ... ENpVGbAjOw
ArristanTheOld
Novice

House:

Return to The Tales of Dunk & Egg